Dhaka Mobile

Go Back   Dhaka Mobile > Mobile Phone Brands -=Hardware & Software Area=- > Samsung > Samsung Update News
Samsung Update News All Samsung update news in this section.
Forums by Category

Old 02-26-2014, 11:06   #1
Trademark®
Product Supporter

Sonork: 100.1602000
Trademark® is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Trademark® Send a message via Skype™ to Trademark®

AT&T’s Galaxy S4 to start getting Android 4.4 KitKat

While you can’t get your hands on the Galaxy S5 just yet, if you’re using a Galaxy S5 on AT&T, you can take a jump to the next version of Android starting tomorrow. AT&T has revealed that an update to Android 4.4 KitKat will start rolling out to the Galaxy S4 on its network from February 24, bringing all the latest features the OS has to offer to Samsung’s yesteryear flagship, through an over-the-air update that will range in size between 412MB – 842MB.

In case you’re unaware, some of the new features include white status bar icons, faster performance and smoother interface, option to select the default messaging and launcher apps, wireless printing support, a camera shortcut and full-screen album art on the lock screen, new emojis, improved landscape support in Samsung’s keyboard, and, according to AT&T, the ability drag and drop apps for uninstalling (a feature you can find on every third-party launcher app.)
As always, the update will roll out in stages, so don’t be too mad if it doesn’t show up on your device immediately, though you can make a check in the Settings – General – About device – Software updates menu to speed things up. We’ll be sure to let you know when the rollout actually starts, so keep an eye out.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 4.4.2 Kitkat Released Trademark® Samsung Android based mobile phones 0 02-20-2014 20:41
Samsung USA confirms Android 4.4 KitKat update for multiple devices, rollout begins 18-Feb-2014 Trademark® Samsung Update News 0 02-18-2014 18:39
Galaxy S4 I9505 Exclusive Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware: I9505XXUFNAD Trademark® Samsung Android based mobile phones 2 02-17-2014 20:33
Galaxy S4 I9505 Exclusive Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware: I9505XXUFNA5 ...:::nerobdms:::... Samsung Android based mobile phones 0 01-28-2014 14:56
Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) & Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) official Release [Android 4.3] PC Zone Samsung Android based mobile phones 0 10-25-2013 09:36